If you are trying to eat clean or healthy, you may be bored with chicken. Throw in some Avocado and special seasonings, and you have one winning and easy Chicken Week Night Dish!
My husband gave this dish 2 thumbs up not only on the chicken and avocado topping, but gave me one heck of a cute smirk when he realized he was in love with…don’t say it!…Kale Chips.
Pinterest has been such a useful tool in finding healthy recipes for our family, and just say Avocado and I’m there! Without further adieu, here are the Recipes for Both Seared Avocado & Cilantro Chicken, plus Kale Chips.
I prepared the Kale Chips first, so be sure to preheat your oven to 350 Degrees.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (thinner filets are best)
- blackening seasoning (I used Chef Paul’s Magic Seasoning: Blackened Redfish Magic)
Avocado & Cilantro:
- 1 diced peeled avocado
- 1/2 bunch of diced cilantro
- 1 tbsp of diced jalepenos (I used 1 tbsp of sliced jalepenos, and then diced them)
- 1/2 squeezed lime juice
**Mix together ingredients for the Topping in a bowl & set aside.**
- Heat your skillet on med/high temp.
- Rinse your Chicken & place on a plate.
- Cover the chicken with the seasoning on one side.
- Add 1 tbsp of Coconut Oil to the hot skillet.
- Place Chicken in the Pan to sear for 2 minutes.
- Cover the chicken with the seasoning on the empty side.
- Sear on the other side for 2 mins.
- Flip over, and cook the chicken on each side for 3-4 mins.
- Spritz your chicken with the juice from the other half of the lime
- Serve on plate with Avocado & Cilantro Topping.
- 1 bunch of fresh dark green kale
- garlic powder
- ground sea salt
- onion powder
- steak seasoning (optional)
- olive oil
- Wash the kale, tear the leaves off of the stalk, and place in mixing bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil to lightly coat the kale.
- Sprinkle the above seasonings, or choose your own!
- Place in the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes, until crispy.