Spring and Summer calls for cold salads on warm days, and this Avocado Egg Salad is your healthy ticket to just that. Whether on top of a bed of lettuce, or folded into sandwich bread, you can enjoy Grandma’s classic Egg Salad with all the creaminess of Mayo without the high saturated fat.
Avocados offer so many health benefits such as fiber, potassium, Vitamins C, K, Folate, and B6, and they also help you better absorb lycopene and beta-carotene due to the healthy monounsaturated fat in one avocado. Give this avocado recipe a try, and not only will you enjoy the rich and creamy taste, you’ll be doing your body good. Bon Appetit!
- 5 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 1-2 avocados (I only needed one, so cut into one at a time)
- 2 tbsp of yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 small bunch of cilantro diced (optional)
- pepper to taste (you can add salt to taste if you prefer)
- chop 5 hard boiled eggs, and set aside in medium sized bowl.
- add freshly ground pepper (and salt if you prefer) to the eggs.
- shell and cut up 1 avocado, and smash in a small bowl.
- finely dice 1 small bunch of cilantro, and add to smashed avocado.
- add mustard and lemon juice to smashed avocado and stir completely through.
- add avocado mixture to eggs, and stir.
- serve chilled on a bed of lettuce or between sandwich slices and enjoy!
***best served on day it is made, and store in refrigerator***