Summer is the season for cold salads, vino in my glass, and outdoor picnics. This Heirloom Tomato Rustic Italian Pasta Salad is perfect for BBQs, picnics, or outdoor meals. Farmer’s Markets are loaded with fresh produce right now, and heirloom tomatoes are my absolute favorite! With just a few simple ingredients, you can prep and have this Salad made in under 30 minutes.
- 1 bag or box of farfalle pasta
- 1 carton of mini heirloom tomatoes, sliced in halves or quarters
- 3/4 of celery heart stalk, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 can of sliced black olives, drained
- 1/2 red oninon, sliced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bottle of tuscan italian dressing from trader joe’s
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- boil pasta until al dente.
- while pasta is cooking, chop and slice washed vegetables and place in large mixing bowl.
- drain olives and add to the mix.
- drain pasta thoroughly, and keep in strainer.
- drizzle 1tsp of extra virgin olive oil, and stir pasta in strainer.
- add 3/4 of the cheese to the vegetable mix.
- add pasta and stir into mixture.
- add dressing and stir.
- add remaining parmesan cheese and mix together thoroughly.
- let cool down in fridge for at least an hour before serving.
- enjoy with a glass of vino!