In the spirit of the Christmas Season, we attended our friend’s Annual Christmas Cookie Party! Not only did I have fun making these decadent No Bake Cookie Dough Truffles, it was such a treat to taste all the other cookies and confections at the party. You can make these Truffles year round, and freeze them until you are ready to serve and eat. These are seriously sinful, but the best part is you can eat Cookie Dough without fear of getting sick with this egg-less cookie dough recipe. Try out this easy peasy recipe, and let me know what you think!
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (for dipping)
- 1 teaspoon of shortening for chocolate dipping sauce
- Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with waxed paper; set aside. In a medium bowl beat butter, brown sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Beat in flour just until combined. Stir in chocolate pieces. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place on prepared baking pan. Cover; freeze about 30 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan heat chopped chocolate, candy coating, and shortening over low heat, stirring until until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. (I actually microwaved my chocolate and shortening mixture in a ceramic mixing bow for 30 seconds, stirred, and repeated until the chocolate lumps were gone and mixture was creamy and smooth.)
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Using a toothpick (I used a boutonniere pin hehe), dip balls into chocolate mixture, allowing excess chocolate mixture to drip back into saucepan. Place dipped balls on the baking sheet. Lightly drizzle with a fork the remaining melted chocolate mixture. Let stand or cover and chill about 30 minutes or until set. I froze mine until I was ready to bring to the party, or you can freeze them and eat for a cold chocolate indulgence!
One thought on “No Bake Cookie Dough Truffles”
Oh wow they look so delicious!! ❤