If you love Strawberry Shortcake, then you’re going to love this simple and festive Strawberry Icebox Cake! With only three ingredients to make this cake, you’ll have plenty of time to prep for the rest of your dinner. Make this cake the night before to let the ingredients settle beautifully together, but do not worry…this cake will also be ready to serve after 4 hours in the refrigerator.
RECIPE FOR STRAWBERRY ICEBOX CAKE:
- 1.5 cartons of strawberries, sliced
- 1.5 tubs of extra creamy cool whip
- 4 sleeves of graham crackers
- keep cool whip in fridge or on countertop until you can whip it when it is not frozen.
- slice strawberries.
- spread a thin layer of cool whip on bottom of casserole dish.
- lay down 6 graham cracker, 3 side by side.
- spread a thin layer of cool whip on top of graham crackers, and top with strawberries.
- spread a thin layer of cool whip on top of strawberries, and repeat process 4 times.
- top layer should include cool whip and strawberries.
- take extra cool whip and lightly “ice” the sides of the cake.
- cover and refrigerate over night or at least four hours until the graham crackers are softened.
- keep refrigerated until served.
- you can drizzle chocolate sauce on each slice if desired, and enjoy!