While we all want to munch on all the Halloween candy we can get our hands on, you will most likely feel guilty afterwards. Like most things, candy in moderation is okay, but for those who do not have a sweet tooth or want to serve up something healthier put your Pumpkin Seeds to good use and whip up some Baked Pumpkin Seeds! With just a few easy steps, you can pop these seeds guilt-free. Happy Halloween!
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- strain all of the pumpkin guts off of the pumpkin seeds & rinse thoroughly
- prepare a baking sheet with foil or use my favorite, a Silpat
- in a mixing bowl, add a teaspoon of EVOO and stir
- now add your favorite ingredients to the mix!
- I add sea salt & garlic powder to taste, and a dash of onion powder – mix well
- pour the pumpkin seeds on the sheet and spread out
- add more salt and garlic powder to the pumpkin seeds (lightly)
- bake for 20-30 minutes, watch your seeds so they don’t burn!
- use a spatula and spoon into a bowl, enjoy!