Not only are these DIY Glitter Dipped Champagne Bottles perfect for the New Year, they make fabulous hostess and shower gifts too! I recently made these sparkly champagne splits for my Baby Shower as a gift for the prize winners, but they are oh so easy to make for the holidays too.
You can use full size Champagne or Sparkling Cider Bottles, but in this case I bought a pack of Champagne Splits, which look pretty wrapped in cellophane treat bags tied up with string! I hot glued a starfish on the bow and paired the gift with seashell chocolates for a nod to my Mermaid Themed Baby Shower. You can add your own little decorative touch, such as a gold paper party horn to ring in the New Year at a New Year’s Party!
Check out my Post on How To DIY these sparklers, and the only addition I made to the design itself was adding the Pink Glitter on the bottom first :: You want to only spread the glue on the bottle about an inch or two from the bottom, and then apply the pink glitter before you smear on the rest of the glue to add the gold glitter. Use the glitter color of your choice, and serve chilled!
New Year’s Eve is just around the corner, and what is more festive than popping a bottle of Sparkling Champagne? This easy DIY project will look so fab at your New Year’s Eve Party, or bring a bottle as a gift to the host of a swanky soiree!
- champagne bottle
- tacky glue
- parchment paper
- cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil
- gold glitter
- make sure your bottle is free of dust, if so wipe down with a cloth.
- cover a cookie sheet with foil, and lay a long piece of parchment paper on top of the covered cookie sheet.
- squeeze tacky glue all over the bottle, from the bottom of the foil down the the bottom of the bottle.
- spread the tacky glue to cover the bottle with your finger.
- pour the glitter in “rows” down the bottle, ensuring full coverage.
- pat the excess glitter around the bottle.
- wash glue and glitter off your hands.
- set the glittered bottle off to the side to dry on a piece of parchment paper.
- carefully unscrew the lid of glitter and set on cookie sheet.
- create a crease in the parchment paper, and carefully pour the excess glitter back into the jar of glitter.
- let dry over night & enjoy!
For more New Year’s Eve Decor, Games, and Ideas, check out this post for all your party needs!